Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It is only when we forget all our learning that we begin to know...

It is only when we forget all our learning that we begin to know...


or Bruce Lee way: "I can teach you what I know but you have to let go of what you know"

So true, in order to become more successful or to achieve more in life we have to be open minded and willing to learn everyday,study faithfully everyday and apply what we learn to some area of our life.
Just because we finished school it doesn't mean we have to stop learning.
For some years of my life I had the "I know that" Attitude.... without understanding why I was doing it or how it was affecting my life.

So, how and why I woke up?

Today I call them "Lessons"(Life Lessons)....realized that I was getting the same "Lesson" over and over again but because I chose not to listen or learn from it...I kept signing up for another "Lesson"
Now, can smell from far away when I'm about to get another lesson and don't sign up anymore, actually trying to help friends to do the same,but we can't,everyone needs to do that on their own when they have signed up and got enough "Lessons"then they are ready to keep paying for the same lesson.

Interesting part about changing my attitude was realizing that the person I was hurting the most by choosing not to "listen"was ...you guest it "ME (there is a big difference between hearing and listening - we hear with our ears and we listen with our emotions).
We don't do this on purpose to ourselves obviously and thinking back my reason for not listening was.... "I didn't ask for anybody' s opinion" (felt like I was back in my childhood when my sweet mother used to "order me" to do something, and couldn't get her to understand that the stubborn kid will not do it until asked nicely... that was a lot of fun :) ) .....Oh, that's where the resistance came from.

As an adult the word "Opinion" means something very different to me.

Whatever another person said to me it is simply their opinion nothing more, don't have to accept that as my reality and can use"my marvelous Mind" to decide if I accept or reject the information, but must be open minded.
One of my rules is, I don't take advise from someone just because they are willing to give it to me, I ask myself "Does this person know what he/she is talking about?" Then consider what to do with it.
In order for us to grow in awareness and to understand self better we have to constantly challenge our old beliefs, we have to have new information coming in.
Studying and learning faithfully everyday for the past few years about the human mind and behaviour, helped me understand why all that fear of other people "telling me what to do" and it makes a lot of sense.
As little kids we were programed to gather our information trough our physical factors they are like little antenna and are to:

  • See
  • Taste
  • Hear
  • Smell
  • Touch

We were tought to: "Listen to what your father said", "Watch what your older brother does" etc...
Old programing if not recognized and corrected keeps us going nowhere FAST....and gives us the same Results over and over again in all areas of life.
There is a better way to collect information and that is trough our Intellectual Factors which are:

  1. Reason
  2. Imagination
  3. Intuition
  4. Perception
  5. Memory
  6. Will

They are like mental muscles and we can develop them trough repetition.
Andrew Carnegie, Napoleon Hill, Ford and all big achievers used them to accelerate their success.

Next Post: will give a definition of each one of them and we'll talk about how we can develop and use them to set and achieve our goals,change old habits,walk towards success faster.
Getting a good understanding of these factors and how we can use them will accelerate our success in any area of life.


Please share with us your experience and how you feel your old unrecognized beliefs kept you going in circles life so we can all learn from your experience.
Lorena

6 comments:

  1. Oh how I am struggling with that very thing today. The hard part seems to be finding the root belief that is holding me back. I have found a book I like "Brain Rules". It explains how important things like sleep is to proper brain function. Willpower, positive thinking and affected by more than just programing.
    Nice post:)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorena, you always bring wisdom and positive energy to your readers. What a great lesson. We absolutely must keep ourselves open to learn and grow every single day. If we close our minds, we close the door to reaching our potential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One Doll and sweet Misticle appreciate you comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorena, your post hearkens, for many of us I suppose, an inner quest to become, to be what is or, perhaps, to find what shall be. The means to discovery, for me, find their origin in the hearts, head, and hands of another, some known to me, others strangers.

    One such stranger is Viktor Frankl. In his book, Man’s Search for Ultimate Meaning, Viktor wrote, “Insofar as that which has been disclosed to conscience is still to be actualized, the question emerges how it could be realized unless it were somehow anticipated in the first place. Such anticipation, however, can only be enacted through intuition.” He goes on to point out conscience acts irrationally, much the way Love acts. “Love,” Viktor suggests, “envisions something that is not yet real. What love anticipates is not an ethical necessity but, rather, a personal possibility.”

    Isn’t that the essence of what we are talking about? Insomuch as we are willing to let go, we gather. As we let go of success, we achieve. As we let go of knowledge, we become wise. As we let go to Self, we become Love. After all, Love, in bringing to Authenticity something not yet real, does intuit. But I sense there is something strategic in the way it goes about it, drawing somehow on elements that come from beyond our own experience.

    In his book, Strategic Intuition, Wm Duggan writes, “The combination of previous elements in a flash of insight is the essence of strategic intuition.” It is this flash that seemingly gives us the wherewithal to question old beliefs, contrasting them with present realities to ascertain their vitality. In questioning old assumptions, we realize strategic intuition, in the words of Duggan, “puts leaps of human achievement within the grasp of all human beings.”

    Such is Love, the greatest of all human achievements.

    In Love, we find it easier to grapple with our awareness, and to challenge the status quo. How, some may ask? The answer lies in the work presented by the contemporary father of servant leadership, Robert Greenleaf. In his book, Servant Leadership: A Journey into the Nature of Legitimate Power and Greatness, Greenleaf tells us awareness “is a disturber and an awakener.” Inertia and complacency are thwarted. As the new reality comes into focus, we become free to face it with a new awareness, an awareness that gives us different, perhaps much better, other-centered results. And so the cycle continues, creating a kind of alchemy that Deepak Chopra suggests in his book, The Way of the Wizard, turns “our base qualities of fear, ignorance, hatred, and shame into the most precious stuff there is: love and fulfillment.”

    I, for one, welcome every opportunity to explore personal possibility if it may bring me face to face with Love and fulfillment. I look forward to hearing more. Thank you, Lorena, for an enlightening post.
    ~Jack (@DrJackKing)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this sounds soooooo familiar. I've had to learn this (hard?) lesson as an adult too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete